Call for Applications: Three Travel Awards for Master Students
The Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS) offers three Travel Awards, which are funded by Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin as part of the Excellence Initiative of the German federal and state governments.
News vom 04.07.2019
Each Award is endowed with a maximum of 1,000 EUR, but the amount of funding depends on the actual costs incurred for travel and accommodation.
The Awards are linked to participation at the Graduate Workshop "ARCHITECTURE AND ANCIENT ECONOMY - Discussion of new approaches and methods", which will take place at 23 September 2019 and the following Conference "ARCHITECTURE AND ANCIENT ECONOMY" on September 26-28, 2019. Candidates are supposed to participate in both events.
The workshop and conference both will be organized by BerGSAS at Freie Universität Berlin in close cooperation with colleagues of the University of Oxford. A short description of the workshop and the conference can be found here.
This call is open only to applicants
- who are enrolled as master students at a non-German university (we welcome applications from German citizens who are studying outside Germany)
- who study e.g. Ancient History, Ancient Near Eastern studies, Classical Archaeology, Classics, Egyptology, Near Eastern Archaeology, Prehistory.
- who speak and understand English fluently, as the working language at workshop and conference will be English
Your application should contain of
- a Curriculum vitae with indication of the scientific discipline/subject (max. 1 page)
- a letter of motivation in which you describe your field of interest, your skills and your specialist knowledge for the topic of the workshop and conference (max. 300 words)
Please submit your application with the following documents and stating the reference number 2019-BerGSAS-Travel Award by July 20th to email@example.com
Questions regarding the application, or on the subject of conference and workshop should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about funding should be directed to: email@example.com.