At a Glance: Ancient Studies Research in Berlin/Brandenburg
Services of the Berliner Antike-Kolleg
The Berliner Antike-Kolleg (BAK) offers a broad choice of services for researchers and the public from Berlin, Germany and abroad, collecting information on relevant institutions, resources and activities in the region. A newsletter summarizes relevant dates and information:
- Infrastructure Guide: The Infrastructure Guide offers an overview of regional libraries, institutes and museums of relevance to ancient studies research.
- Literature Search: The most important ancient science libraries in the region are now integrated into the Propylaeum virtual academic library and can be searched in the form of a union catalog. Here you will find a search function, along with additional information. On the same page you will also find a search window for the Journal Database (Zeitschriftendatenbank or ZDB), which can be used to search for ancient studies journals in the region.
- Calendar: On the Calendar you will find a full schedule of functions and events of relevance to ancient studies research. This calendar should not be used as a substitute for already available services; its purpose is rather to combine the information in one place.
- Newsletter: Would you like us to keep you informed on the Berliner Antike-Kolleg by emailing you the latest information? If so, please leave your full name and email address and we'll begin sending you our Newsletter.
BAK is currently working to expand this information area in a discipline-specific manner. Considerable progress has already been made, especially in one area:
- Berlin/Brandenburg Archaeometry Network: A web portal for a "Berlin/Brandenburg Archaeometry Network" is set up. This network involved nearly every laboratory in the region that apllies archaeometric methods. The goal in establishing the new network is to consolidate the enormous potential of the Berlin/Brandenburg region as an internationally relevant center for archaeometric research.